Sunday, March 8, 2009

Looking for a Spiritual Challenge?

First, congrats to Brenda Greenhow for winning the book drawing!




In church today, we had a guest speaker. He is the president of a nearby Christian college and has worked as a missionary to China. He has a very interesting habit when he goes out to eat. After the waitress brings him his food, he tells her that he plans to pray before he eats and asks if he can pray for her. He says there's almost always a moment of stunned silence. A few are annoyed, but most are willing to tell him something to pray for. What a neat way to show the love of Christ!



We only go out to a sit-down dinner once or twice a month, but I'd like to get up the guts to do it. I'm certainly not an extrovert by nature, but how hard can it be to open your mouth and ask a simple question?



I'm also not a big tract person, because I think relationships are much more effective and, well, personal. But, what about combining praying for a waitress with leaving her a gospel tract with her tip? Praying for her might just soften her heart and make her more receptive to a relationship with God.



If you decied to try it, leave me a comment and let me know what happens!

1 comment:

sponholzfamily said...

awsome idea-I'm gonna try it!