Friday, September 11, 2009

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake







A friend sent me this recipe. I haven't tried it, yet, but it looked so good I had to post it!


4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

*Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
*Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
*Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
*Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.


The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).


And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!


















Scary, huh? If you try it, let me know how it goes!

2 comments:

Amy Simon said...

I tried it! A little spongy, but definitely chocolate cake! The chocolate chips, which I left out, would have made it more intensely chocolaty, I assume. Too bad I didn't have any...

Bekah and Corey said...

I tried it too. Mine turned out very moist-spongy and didn't sit well in my stomach. This may have been because I used a glass mug (I didn't have any large coffee mugs at hand)? It's probably a good thing it didn't turn out wonderfully, or I'd be tempted to make one every day with my afternoon coffee! :)

~Bekah